Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A statement of priorities

Business school is not 'difficult', but it is 'challenging'. It pushes you around with the workload. More importantly, there's a lot to do, and you have to pick & choose.

It becomes a question of priorities, and executing on those priorities.

I thought I had a very clear picture of what I wanted out of b-school: 1) Really understand how to start a business 2) Do really well in the fundamentals 3) Learn sales by helping out with Issist 4) Come out with a business plan for my own business in India. My priorities were straight.

Right now, I find myself NOT executing on ANY of these. And I don't actually know why. Many  little excuses come to mind: I haven't found my 'whitespace' yet, I'm not used to studying, America's got way too many distractions etc etc.

But I think a lot of it is because the fire within is getting lost. With all this talk of career, I find myself hedging (e.g. non-profit management could be close right? two years working in the US won't matter right?).

I need to figure out why I'm here. And get organized & start delivering. ASAP.

Any support on the matter is MUCH appreciated.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comments:

Sonali said...

This post is pretty old and I do hope you have gotten around to working on what you really want to do by now .. but I just wanted to say that don't worry too much about it .. you are clearly someone who aspires to achieve something - to make a difference, so no matter how distanced you might feel from what you want to do - things will crystallize and work out .. its just a matter of time.
Cheers and all the best!